NUTRITION & CULINARY WORKSHOPS
nutrition and culinary courses
We can work with you to develop a nutrition and culinary course to meet your groups needs. We currently offer a four-week nutrition and culinary course to community services to support their clients health and wellbeing by offering nutrition education and skills necessary for them to eat well through hands on cooking. Although we can tailor the course length and content specifically for you, our courses often involve:
- Four hands on cooking experiences over four consecutive weeks.
- Group instruction and culinary guidance by an experienced Home Economist.
- Group instruction and dietary advice by an experienced Accredited Practising Dietitian, covering different nutrition topics each week.
- A one-to-one consultation with the dietitian to address each participants individual dietary requirements, address barriers to health and tailor the course content to the individual.
- A two course meal each week to encourage group interaction and socialisation.
- Written nutrition information and recipes relevant to the target group.
- Each course can be tailored to specific population groups and/or address a specific dietary requirement or health condition. For example, people living with a disability, seniors groups, people living with diabetes or coeliac disease etc.